Tips to look perfect on first Holi after wedding
First festival after wedding calls for fun and frolic and especially if its Holi. Whether it is a simple Holi celebration at home or a Grand Holi Party, it is the perfect time when you enjoy with your new family. However, the festive mood and vibrant colors light up the atmosphere but you, as a newlywed, are most centered on the colorful day. So your look has to be graceful. While you went through lot of skin and hair care treatments during your pre-bridal sessions, the colors used during this festival might lead to rashes and damaged hair. Hence, care and good look are prerequisite.
So to all newbie brides, we recommend to follow a pre-Holi skin and hair care ritual as under:
- Nails: Paint your nails bright and immerse your fingers into a mixture comprising of 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and olive oil and castor oil. This will keep your nails and cuticles safe from harsh colors and chemicals. Do it for both fingers and toes.
- Lips: Lustrous lips have no rival really. Create that perfect pout with any good brand lipstick or lip balm. It keeps the lips protected and moisturized.
- Skin: Apply a great amount of moisturizer in the exposed parts of your skin. This forms a thin layer on the skin and prevents the colors from reaching the deeper layers. It will also ease washing off of the colors afterwards. A layer of foundation on face also saves from damage and gives a natural look. Alternatively, you can also use almond, tea tree or olive oil for the same and apply sunscreen afterwards.
- Hair: Give your scalp a gentle massage with oil before you sleep and repeat the process in the morning. Avoid excess oil as it can ruin the whole look. Keeping hair open is not a good idea. You can style your hair by tying a ponytail, side fishtail braid or bun with colorful accessories.
- Eyes: Eye makeup is not recommended, however highlighting the eyes gives a bolder look. Wear light waterproof eyeliner or kajal with pencil and smudge using cotton bud.
You must also follow post-Holi care after you are done with all the color splashing. Instead of rubbing the color off with soap, use a cream-based cleanser or oil for removing the colors, and then go for a bath. Apply a lot of moisturizing cream to keep the skin hydrated. For hair, head massage with warm olive oil or coconut oil works well and gently removes all dry colors. Use a mild shampoo for shampooing and conditioner. You can mix olive oil and honey to deep condition at home. This works well for all kinds of hair.
Now that you know the secrets, gear up to enjoy your first Holi bash and bring out the diva from inside. A professional makeup artist, Supriti Batra
, tells which product to choose for your skin type and guides you with best skin and hair care tips.