Bride’s Guide to Hair Treatment
It is a dream of every bride-to-be to look amazingly beautiful on her wedding, but one thing to be understood is that there is no shortcut to success. One has to plan well and prepare everything in advance. And that is why pre-bridal sessions come into picture. If you are getting married in next six months, you may be more interested in taking care of your skin, but remember that your hair is the crowning glory which should be at its best on the big day. So, you should start prepping up through an extensive hair care session either at salon or home. For shiny and luxurious tresses, here are few tips which you can start with:
1. Know your hair: Choice of shampoos, conditioners and hair packs should be made based on your hair and scalp type. Hence, you must know your hair well.
2. Keep the locks clean: Your locks are constantly exposed to pollution and weather change. Keeping them clean makes you less prone to scalp infections and hair problems. So shampoo as and when required.
3. Avoid chemicals and strains: Heat styling and coloring gives you a new look but it results in loss of hair health. There will be lot of such styling during your bridal sessions hence, leave your hair alone till then and let it breathe naturally.
4. Go natural: Try to get hold of every natural thing. You can use henna for color twice a month. Adding some coffee or turmeric can give a color of your choice. For extra shine, apply mix of egg & curd with some lemon juice. A hot oil treatment at least once a week is must for hair strength.
5. Treat specific issues naturally: If you have oily scalp, you can treat your hair with the goodness of onion juice or amla juice. Diluting lemon juice with a few drops of water and applying all over your scalp treats dandruff. This should be done twice every week.
6. Importance of intake: You must add loads of fresh vegetables and fruits to your diet. Have nuts and dry fruits in small portions regularly. Drink amla juice to promote hair health. Plenty of water is extremely important for good growth.
7. Avoid Stress: Weddings can be stressful and tiring. Opt for some physical activity such as walking, jogging to get your mind off things. Calm yourself down when in stress through some religious/non-religious words or meditation and yoga.
8. Salon’s special treatments: Regular spa treatments should be taken at least twice a month. Sittings are required if the condition of the hair is not good. There are various spa and other treatments for dandruff, dry & frizzy hair, lifeless hair, very curly & unmanageable hair etc. Consult your stylist and know which spa treatment is best for your hair.
If you haven’t been taking care of your hair well, this is the perfect time to start with good hair-care habits. A renowned hairstylist, Supriti Batra, explains how brides-to-be can get gorgeous hair by the time the D-day arrives.